About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Friday, May 29, 2009

What is that smell????

The first day of summer. I actually thought I was going to get to sleep in. 8am a telemarketer calls (they are horrible). Then I think ok I can go back to bed only to hear the doorbell ringing at 8:15am. So at that point I was up and running only to discover this smell wafing from the office door and an extra loud kitty meow. I'm thinking wth? I go to the office to find the neighborhood cat in there! (she is not our cat but somehow has adopted us and is always trying to come inside). At first glance I'm thinking maybe the kitty smelled the office up and am in a panic since the house is on the market. I put kitty outside and start "sniffing" around. I discover that in my hubbie's trashcan are food scraps including a banana peel. Thank goodness I found the smelly culprit! I threw the trash out, aired the office out, and now we are good to go...sort of.

I opened the garage door to find out that my hubbie took my van for the day and I have no extra keys for the other cars so i am so stuck at home today on the first day of summer. Oy vey. The kids are already going bonkers and there is nothing for us to do. I am seeking solace in my computer and trying to convince the kids to quit eating (I swear that is all they want to do when they are home) and go outside. I know its boring without a pool or a slip n slide but surely sidewalk chalk and bubbles work right? uh. no.

So here I am anxious about summer here with bored kids and no car to go anywhere. I can only hope for a better day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment