Happy Memorial Day to all our veterans, soldiers, and their families. As I sit here watching my flags blow in the breeze I am so proud to be an American. But more importantly I am so thankful for those who have fought for my freedom and for those families supporting our soldiers.
I used to be a part of a homemakers forum. It was there that I really became aware of military wives and their families. There was a section dedicated to military families and it was there that I "met" a few wives and learned what amazing, strong, courageous women they are. It was there that I realized that it is not just our soldiers going to war but the families of those soldiers as well. They hold down their homes and children. They go to sleep at night and wake up in the morning amidst the unknown. They move cross country at a moments notice. They welcome their husbands home after a 6, 9, or 12 month deployment and allow them to step back into their family lives with normalcy and routine.
These wives are truly our unsung heroes. Its sad to me that they often go unnoticed. Their courage is not acknowledged. Their dedication is not recognized.
I am writing this blog post to all you wives of soldiers and veterans. I honor your courage, dedication, and loyalty. I respect all that you do in supporting your husband during long deployments all the while caring for your children and homes.
I thank you all for what you do and for who you are. You are STRONG. You are BEAUTIFUL. You are INSPIRING.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment