About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Distractions, distractions

Ok I adore my kids but by golly are they ever a distraction. Its funny it has gotten so bad. Poor hubbie has a new boss at work. He is terrible. Total stickler about time and wants to have "check In" meetings constantly. Well with trying to finish up our new home, hubbie is no longer able to just leave when he needs to to go talk with contractors or let them into the house. So...he calls me every 5 seconds to let contractors in to finish up over there. He is too funny. He will say, "hurry up and go over and unlock the doors because Electrician Ernie is there waiting or Painter Gabe is there waiting." Now for him, he can just pick up, get in the car, and be there in 2 minutes flat. Me? Uh. no. I have to pack up all the kids and that is where the distractions come in.

So today I have to go unlock doors at a moments notice. I tell the kids, "hurry up we have to go unlock the doors." Kids say, "I have to go potty...I can't find my shoes...I can't find my other shoe...now I have to go potty...I need to bring a toy with me in the car...I'm thirsty...I need to get buckled..." Do you see where I'm going with this? So what should only take me 5 mins to get there turns into 15 mins with the contractors very impatiently waiting on me...yep distractions. My life is officially full of them now that my kids are home for the summer.

I'm just hoping to get all the loose ends tied up at the new house so my distractions won't distract anyone but me lol!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, girl, I sure understand how you feel and how hard it is when you have kids in tow.... oh the endless needs and wants to just leave the house.

    I hope it gets done real soon for you guys.

    ReplyDelete