About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Stolen Property

This just sucks big time. 2 nights ago our home that we are building (almost done) was broken into. Some lame person jimmyed (sp?) the door to pop the temporary lock off and stole a bunch of stuff to the tune of $3,000 worth! They took my microwave hood, my instantaneous water heater, numerous tools, a radio, yada yada, blech.

I cannot tell you the ugly feeling I am feeling knowing someone broke in to my house and stole my stuff. Fortunately, our builder has insurance and we will be reimbursed but it will be a while for that to happen so we will most likely already be moved in before we see that check. In the meantime we are having to put these items that were purchased with our hard earned cash on credit. Horrible I say..just horrible.

The only comfort I have is in knowing that no good thing will come to a person like that. Yes they may be enjoying the profit of their stealing now but some day it will come back to them...in the meantime it just sucks.

I'm trying to look on the bright side though. At least there was nothing else...hopefully they have gotten what they wanted and will leave us alone...and we are installing an alarm system with motion sensors tomorrow!!!

For now we are trying to hurry as much as possible to get the house completed. We only need to finish staining the concrete floors, the plumber needs to install new water heater and we have a commercial cleaning crew coming out...so I'm holding on tight that its just a matter of weeks before we are done.

1 comment: