About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

A first for Me and Her

Paloma got her first haircut today and I was the one to do it! Would you believe after 4 kids she is the first one I have ever cut hair on? Let me tell you poor economics makes a person get creative real quick! ha.
I was so proud of myself. I was scared to do it but by golly she was looking like quite the ragamuffin poor thing. I really wanted to take her in to the salon for her first trim like I did the others but hey I have decided to get back to basics and thought what would my Grandma Helen do?? Of course she would have cut her hair in the kitchen just like I did this morning.
She looks good. Her hair is shiny and there is no rat's nests at all from the dead ends. I ended up trimming off a good 2 inches but she still has a ton of hair to spare. I felt so confident by these results that I ended up giving Mariposa's hair a trim as well. I trimmed off about 2inches on hers too. It looks good as well.
Here is a pic of me finishing up Paloma's first hair cut. Why i didn't take a before pic is beyond me...

And here is the remnants of her first haircut

No comments:

Post a Comment