Aw...it feels so good to be here right now. My bil picked up my 3 younger kids and took them to his house and *artist* is busy on her itouch. I am so proud of that girl. Since summer started she professed that she was going to save her money all summer long by doing extra chores and giving extra help and not going on the Internet for the summer (that one I could not do in a gazillion years. It about killed me being without Internet the first 2 weeks after moving in ha). So finally yesterday she had enough money saved up to buy herself an itouch. She is loving it and I am loving the fact that this girl gets what hard work is and what hard work pays off. She has learned the value of a dollar after saving every dollar earned for 2 1/2 months straight. She has learned that you must work for what you receive and be thankful for what you receive. What a great lesson to learn at such an early age. She makes me proud.
Hubbie is off playing basketball with his friends and I am sitting in Alejandro's newly cleaned, newly organized, newly decorated bedroom. God bless him. His room was one of the last to be really tackled after moving in. He is just all boy and to him as long as something functions then he could care less where a lamp is placed or where the world map hangs on his wall. Such a boy. However, having me for a mama (ocd at that lol) I finally tackled his room and got him organized for the coming school year. Dawn at Household Hints blog (I really need to learn how to link blogs here) had such a good article up on the importance of getting the kids rooms ready for back to school. By getting them organized and picked up it gets them off to a clean start. We even bought Alejandro a desk for his room so he wouldn't have to be doing homework on his bed or worse yet the kitchen table. I am loving his room so much that I am actually typing on his desk now and may I say this room is shining! His room looks great just in time for his birthday coming up. He is going to invite his best friend over for a sleepover so I need to start planning some fun things for them to do. Last year, his friend came over and I took them to the science museum, we made home made pizzas, and we tie dyed shirts. This year I am at a loss of what to do. More than likely swimming will be involved but other than that I need to get my creative juices flowing.
I need to be heading out soon to my sister's house for Sunday dinner. After that I'll be coming home to watch Army Wives. I love, love this show and no I'm not military but I do love this show. Who am I kidding? I love anything on lifetime.
Yep this was a good day and I was only 5 minutes late to church this morning. good indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love the look of a newly organized, decorated and clean room- refreshing and peaceful!
ReplyDeleteThank you for all of the nice things you said! I love you!
ReplyDeleteI'll help you figure out how to do the blog links.
ReplyDeleteI love you too *artist*
ReplyDelete