About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Day 1 commitment to me

I woke up late along with the kids which made us late to our weekly story time at the library. Uugh. What a way to start my first day of detox. Stressed already. I took a couple of breaths, woke everyone up, and hurriedly got ready. I decided to make a green smoothie for breakfast which I drank in the car. I made it with plain kefir, spinach, and banana. It was good except that before I drank that I had drank a small glass of OJ to take my vitamins with. I forgot that OJ and kefir do not do well on my stomach together. Feeling nauseated from that combo and will not be doing that again.

For vitamins after doing some research I have added evening primrose oil and fish oil to my regime. Supposedly they both help with endo. so I'm hoping to see some changes soon. Besides those I am taking a multivitamin, vit. c, vit. e, vit. b complex, probiotic, and candex (a candida cleanse pill I have been taking every since my candida problems 1 1/2 years ago). I spread out the vits over the course of the day so that its not too much on my stomach and liver. For lunch I had a yummy salad of baby greens, salmon, cherry tomatoes, topped with my mom's salad dressing. She makes the best dressing and she makes me some every week to keep in my fridge. She makes it with evoo, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, garlic. Yummy! My tummy is feeling a bit better but my first reaction is to drink a coke to soothe my upset tummy but I know I can't so I am drinking plain water. For dinner I am making fajitas and beans and I will eat my fajitas with lots of veggies and salsa on a warmed corn tortilla (no cheese or sour cream). My family will eat theirs' on flour tortillas with cheese and sour cream. yummy but I can't. not on this diet.

I'm thinking of going to the health food store to see if they have any goji berries. I keep hearing about these berries and am now interested in trying them. We shall see. Right now I'm feeling a bit tired, nauseated, but committed.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck girl!!! Fajitas are super yummy minus the dairy, one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete