I'm hitting a wall here. Thud. Not liking this detox one bit and am already imagining myself going back to my old ways. Horrible I know but I am so addicted to my sonic fountain coke and get giddy when I go during happy hour and get one for 81 cents. But I'm doing good and drinking my water. Lots of water all the while wishing it was my beloved coke. sigh.
As far as nausea, this morning was the first time I woke up without it. Yeah! I ended up making a green smoothie for breakfast: kefir, spinach, banana, goji berries, and chia seeds. It was yummy but didn't keep me as full as long as I had hoped. Lunch was a high fiber wrap made with turkey, spinach, and red pepper. I ended up eating Mariposa's leftover wrap for a midafternoon snack. I have been hungry and not sure why? For dinner I am making a big salad topped with tuna, peppers, tomatoes. Hopefully it will tide me over till tomorrow.
Today was a super busy day. It took me 1 1/2 hours to clean all my floors in the house. I felt like I had done a workout when I finished! Then I got Mariposa registered for soccer for the fall. I stopped by at Barnes and Nobles to return a book (found it cheaper online) and instead got The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. It is a self improvement/spiritual book based on the teachings of 4 tenets: as written in the book: Be impeccable with your word (be true to what you say), Don't take anything personally (that is a hard one for me), Don't make assumptions (working on that one) and finally Always do your best. It came recommended to me so I'm hoping it will inspire change within me.
*Artist* is becoming quite the cook and what good time indeed. It's hard for me to eat what the rest of the family eats and she has really learned her way around the kitchen (great for me!). So right now she is making beef stroganoff for the family to eat with dinner along with corn. I'll be eating my salad with them wishing I was diving into a plate of yummy, warm comforting stroganoff. Can you tell I am really hitting a wall here? It's almost like I am mourning the loss of being able to eat whatever and drink whatever and be happy. I'm hoping tomorrow I will wake up feeling better and not feeling like the cravings are getting the best of me.
Tonight should be fun. Our dear friend works at a theatre and has offered us free tickets to see G-Force with the kids. I'm excited to get out with them and just enjoy some time even if its watching a kid movie. Last night *artist* and I went to see Julie and Julia. OMG you have to see this movie!! It was so so good. I loved every bit of it. Be warned it is long and your butt will be numb when you stand up after watching it for 2hours but its so worth the butt numbness. I swear. Watching it was like reliving my childhood. My mom always cooked gourmet and as a child I wished she cooked like everyone else's mom aka pork and beans, meatloaf, but NO my mom would get live lobster drunk in beer then cook them up for a gourmet dinner. What little did I know just how nice that way of eating was. Now I know how good it was and watching the movie just took me back to those days and all those memories. Such a good movie for sure! While we are on movies another good "date" movie is The Ugly Truth. Holy crap was that ever funny. The whole theater just chuckled through that one. Its all about the girl side v/ guy side of looking at things and let me tell you both you and your mate will love this one. So funny and such a good date movie.
Battery is now drained from laptop. Time for it to get charged and time for me to find something to keep my mind off of coca cola and home comfort food.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Thank you! Thank you! I'm getting there! (on the road to be a great cook like my mom)
ReplyDeleteI get that way about my Starbucks drinks lol Now I could never boycot them for no reason
ReplyDelete:)