About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Media and the gimmees

Major confession here. I am so a TV junkie and it is not helping the case of the gimmees I can't seem to get rid of. I swear the more I watch of Real Housewives of New Jersey the more I want to decorate my house and fill it with luxe knick knacks. and it's not only that show..its media as a whole. I can watch an episode of Cribs and feel that way. I can watch an episode of Desperate Housewives (I heart Bree Van de Camp) and dream in my head ways of sprucing up my home. I swear watching TV has become hazardous to my budget by really my overall health. I will actually spend hours searching for just "the right" tie back for my curtains. Then when I get that "just right" tieback I spend hours placing it trying to figure out how low or how high it should go. I mean seriously who does that? Oh yeah. The Real Housewives of Orange County, New Jersey, and right now Atlanta. I'm watching the Atlanta housewives now. lol. See the addiction I have? I'm watching NeNe show off the new house she just bought. I'm looking at her home going I like that, I don't like that. Uugh. an addiction that needs to go.

God bless my husband he has not been much better. By the grace of God he has been given so much work to do (for his own business) and as a result more money has come in. Unfortunately to get moved into our new home we had racked up some credit. So now we have to work on getting out of credit hell (I mean debt) once again. Credit debt is such a sneaky thing. Before you know it you can rack up a balance with very little to show for it. Its hard. So, we are trying very hard to pay on that all the while finishing up our new house we are in and fixing our old home to get renters in there. We ended up painting the whole inside and are getting new carpet put in. We are seeing it as an investment in our old home. It is still our home but we are going to rent it out until *artist* goes to college and then she can live there if she so chooses. So these expenses have snuck up on our credit bills. uugh. To make matters worse my hubbie had a case of the gimmees himself. With Obama's new plan he is giving cash for clunkers. Well, wouldn't you know that hubbie's truck is considered a "clunker". Our local car dealership is giving $4500 for your clunker along with a $4500 credit towards a new car. That is $9000 credit. For that we could potentially buy a new car for $7000. How can you beat that? However I told hubbie what he always tells me, "just because its a really good sale does not mean you are saving money. You are only saving money if you have money to spend and if you are spending it on something to use." We decided we just don't have the money right now to take advantage of such a good deal but yet we are both being pulled towards that good deal being that *artist* will be driving soon and will need a car. uugh. what to do? We are at status quo right now and fighting every urge to go out and buy a new car. Right now I just feel like our goal should be getting out of debt and taking advantage of all the work hubbie has on his plate right now. For him and his business (architecture) its feast or famine. He can have months with nothing coming in and months like now where its non stop. I feel like for now the best thing to do is pay off debt and pocket money for a rainy day. I am hoping I don't regret that decision when the cash for clunker deal is over...the case of the gimmees and what to do...why does everything have to be so darn appealing these days???

No comments:

Post a Comment