About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Feeling yucky

I'm having a day of pain. I have endometriosis so every month when Aunt Flo visits I end up house ridden for 4 days. The pain just gets the best of me every month. I usually end up in tears in the middle of the night asking hubbie to take me to the ER it gets that bad but my brain tells me to bear it out and eventually I fall asleep. I pop Advil like kids do candy during these times...been to the doctor many of them and they all say the same diagnosis with the cure being a hysterectomy. Well at 34 that is NOT an option right now so I grin and bear it.

Then as if that is not enough I have developed a sore tongue. It has happened before and I had gone to docs before to see what it was and they never know...it always eventually clears up but usually takes awhile and hurts a lot. I ended up googling sore tongue with my symptoms and have diagnosed myself! Burned tongue syndrome. Yep that is what I have for sure. Its exactly what i feel yet as the other docs have said no treatment available...just time for it to heal..

So it leaves me frustrated. Not only I have pain below but pain above and it makes it hard to talk and wouldn't you know I have the most talkative kids ever!!! Is it bed time yet? lol

My husband called me out on my complaints today...He laughed saying I always find something to complain about despite all the good that is happening right now. Doh! Man stab me with a fork of Truth why doesn't he? I really do that though and hate that. I swear he is the Pooh and I'm forever Eeyore. I try so hard to get past my Eeyore ways and when things are good i really am able to reach that Pooh feeling but man when I get hit with pain I fall back to my eeyore self and i"m not proud one bit.

I'm having a hard time being that cheerful wife, happy mother, keep my house together, and cook a fresh meal kinda girl. I have been fixated on my painful state of being at the moment and have thus been frozen like a shrew. Why do I let my physical problems get in my way? Why do I let my feelings control me? Why can't I get past that and focus on the good rather than spending hours at a time on webmd and google diagnosing myself with xyz. Even my own docs have told me to step away from the computer lol.

I'm hoping that within a couple of days I will get over these yucky feelings and get back to myself or at least the self that my husband and family deserves.

5 comments:

  1. Sorry you are feeling crummy sweetie!!! Sending (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hun, I'm so sorry. Hugs and prayers.
    xo, k

    ReplyDelete
  3. I appreciate that katie. Thank you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling your pain, Honey. I've had surgery for my endo. Probably will again in the near future. I'm not giving up my girlie goods yet either. LOL!!
    Feel better.

    ReplyDelete