my computer. Oh the ins and outs, the ups and downs, my desperate need for my computer. I love my computer. It is like my life line to the world. I can chat with my friends all over the world, I can read blogs like stories, and I get all my inspiration all from the safety of my home and in the comfort of my couch. Yep, that's where I am most times...on the couch with my laptop on my lap. Sometimes I wonder just how good this kind of technology is. Would it be bad of me to admit that sometimes i would prefer being at home typing away on my laptop than in the real world? It's just that I have a degree of control here. I decide when I log on. I decide how long I stay and visit. I decide who I talk to and when. I decide where I visit and get my inspiration and motivation from. You can't get that in real life.
In real life you have to talk to people you may have nothing in common with and pretend like you do. In real life the baby might need a nap and instead of giving a nap you stay to longer or miss nap altogether so you can hang out with someone in real time.
I don't know why it is but I swear I get more encourgement and support from the world wide web than I do in real life. I think people are like me: busy running around the kids to and fro, busy trying to keep their budgets going, busy preparing meals and cleaning, just plain busy with life. I mean as I type this out I have had the phone ring 3 times! Yes 3 times! talk about interruptions...that is what is so nice about the computer. Its on YOUR time. It could be 3am and I can come on here and find someone to talk with. i don't think my irl friend would appreciate a 3am call from me ha!
Which brings me to my point...I love the computer and what it does for me BUT hate the time it takes away...I mean i spend time turning it on and waiting for it to load...then get online...then wait to go to whatever site...then chat there...then log off....then turn off computer...and let's not even go into just how fast time goes when you are puttering away on the computer. I can say to myself i am going on for half an hour and before I know it it will be a full hour that I've been on doh!
I have a love/hate relationship with my computer. I love it; i love it not...For now this is my lifeline to the world during this time of being a sahm. I will try to use it for inspiration, to witness to others, to help others all the while trying to limit the time it sucks out of me...afterall, I do have a family to raise and a home to clean and for that I am so very blessed indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment