About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

This is what has me so busy...










This is our land before we began building. The second pic is the "after" shot of the house when our yellow stucco was put on. The third pic is the grey primer they put on before the final yellow stucco. Sorry its out of order but I was having too hard of a time flipping them so their you go. As you can see it is a modern spanish stucco home. My hubbie is an architect and as you may already have encountered most architects tend to have a modern asethetic to them. But rest assured the inside is very warm and inviting and spanish style. Can't wait to show ya'll the pics.


Yep this is what has been keeping me so darn busy lately! The outside is done now and we are now inside working hard. Lots of decisions and lots of workers running around. Its like ants out there. and yes my parents are living next door. We are so happy and thrilled. We are a close knit Italian family and we can't wait to be able to share a big backyard and lunches together on our porch. My parents are getting older: my mother is a new breast cancer survivor and my dad is a prostate cancer survivor and survived a near fatal heart attack a year ago. I learned real fast how precious our lives are and how we really do need to be near each other so my kids can experience their grandparents and vice versa. Nonno loves his grandkids so much as does Nonna.
So it looks like we should be moving in to my home within a month and a half and my parents should be in theirs this summer. Of course I'll be posting more pics then.













This is my parents home next door. The second pic is after the stucco was put on and yes it is pink! lol.
My dad grew up in Italy where there are
very colorful homes and he always wanted a pink
one so at 82 yo he finally got his pink home!

Hope ya'll enjoyed the pics. Now you can see why I have been MIA so much lately. I'll update more pics as more things get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment