About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Monday, March 23, 2009

Too many balls in the air...

Whew! I have way too much going on. First off lets just say last week's Menu Monday did NOT happen. We ate one thing on that menu and the rest was quickie sammies or eating out. It got so bad that *artist* actually asked me when I would be cooking again. She much prefers my cooking to eating out. How sweet I know.

So what kept me from cooking last week? My house. We are building a new one and are finally at the end stages. I'll be posting some pics later. We spent Spring Break last week shopping for granite, stained concrete, carpet, and other misc. stuff along with going to the Home Depot a bazillion times for a bazillion things the workers need. So all that and being that our land is far away from our current home equated to a lot of meals out. Not good. So back to home cooking this week thank heavens and hopefully I can nest at home a bit this week and get caught up on chores. My oh my my house needs it bad!

Then as if that is not enough I am mentoring an applicant for a leader position in my women's group. I am a leader and every new leader must be mentored to become accredited so that is going to have me busy.

I am involved in a book study that I have so been slacking on and I hate that. I stayed up late last night catching up on the reading in hopes that maybe I can participate. We are reading Created to be his Helpmeet which I love. i've read it once already and we are rereading and studying it again. It is amazing what you can get out of a book the second time around.

One glorious thing I did this weekend was watch Twilight! I am so in the Edward club! I had not seen it at the movies and was desperate to rent it. So much so that I showed up 10 minutes early at my video store to make sure I would get a copy. Well wouldn't you know it was only me and an old lady in the parking lot waiting for them to unlock the doors. I told myself surely the old lady is not going to rent Twilight but wouldn't you know she did! We both made a B-line to the Twilight section lol! it was way too funny but man I so enjoyed that 2 hours of pure blissful pleasure. What a delight.

Then I got to sneak away for an hour to barnes and nobles. I really needed that one though. I was a bit down as i just found out that a friend of mine has thyroid cancer. (is everyone doomed to the "C" word?) So to lift my own spirits I took some me time and it helped. I decided to make my friend a hospital care package that I will leave on her doorstep tomorrow. She is having surgery on wednesday. I think it hit me so hard as she is my age and has 4 kids as well. The whole thing just saddened me to pieces. But I am lifting her in prayer and will feel better when I give her her care package. i am buying a basket at dollar tree and filling it with a dr. pepper chapstick (she loves dr. p), flip flops to wear at the hospital, a pretty clip for her hair, a gossip rag, and a sonic gift card (she loves their fountain cokes like me). I'm sure she'll like it and hopefully that will lift her spirits.

So to sum up: I've been slacking in my home duties, have not been cooking as of late, have not participated in my book group, need to get on the ball with my mentorship, received sad news that hit me to my core and a dozen other things. I'm seeing this week as a new week to get caught up and reassess. I read somewhere and( i am paraphrasing here as I don't remember the direct quote) that real peace is not found in the quiet and stillness of life but rather is found in the hustle and bustle and noise of life when you can still be calm amidst the chaos. Now that is real peace. Now that is something I need to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment