About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Friday, March 27, 2009

My scale lies!

Go ahead and just agree with me and tell me it does..please..for my sanity's sake ok. I mean really how could I have gained 5 pounds over the course of a month? Is that even doable? And how did that happen. I mean I know my pants were getting a bit snug but doesn't the dryer do that when you dry the clothes in there? I know I've been suffering with a bit of heartburn but doesn't that happen when you eat a whole bag of chips?

How can it be that *artist* will say how pretty I look and then I say, "hurry grab the camera and take a pic cause I never look pretty" and she grabs the camera and takes a pic and oh my! the horror of all horrors! I'm fat! I mean I got a belly pudge and my booty has a back ledge you could lay a drink on. I mean seriously how can 5 pounds do all that? Oh right! I'm 5'2 which means one pound can look like ten so at this point I look way overweight and hate it!!!

You would think after seeing the horror of all horrors I would jump on the diet wagon but no..I am stress eating to no avail. I can't stop myself. I am starving. My cortisone hormones from stress are working overtime making me HUNGRY!

I keep telling myself once we get moved into the new house and get settled THEN I can diet. But why is it that I always tell myself "once i get this...or once I do this...then I can this..." I mean why do I wait for that perfect time. You would think by this point in my life I would have learned that there will never be a perfect time for anything. That the time for anything is now. Why do I wait instead? It frustrates me to no end yet I have been this way my whole life. Change is hard for me. I don't like it. It's uncomfortable. Yet change is when I have found my most extreme growth. So why do I fight change?

3 comments:

  1. Dawn thank you for not letting me feel alone. and boy am I singing your praises for agreeing with me that the darn scale does lie! Where can we buy one that tells us the number we want to see? Target? I know I'm kidding myself lol...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My scales lies too.
    I am having a hard time getting back into the "healthy" routine. It is so much more TASTY to eat the bad stuff.

    One thing I have learned. If you eat something not in your plan, don't give up. Start over the next meal...not tomorrow, next Monday, or after the kids go to college. A few extra calories are easily burned off. A weeks worth, not so easy.
    Now, if I would follow my own advice...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I wanted to tell you to stay in touch during the "site" closing.

    (that goes for anyone else reading)

    ReplyDelete