About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Where have I been?

Holy cow has it really been almost a month since I last blogged??? I'm afraid so...My excuse...getting kids settled and into school. God bless I have 3 kids in 3 different schools at 3 different drop off and pick up times. Need I say more? Yeah, I thought not! hehe.

Besides that what have I been up to? I have been planning a garage sale and going through my entire house. Even though we had a garage sale at our old house and sold what I thought was all my junk (other people's treasures) when we moved here I realized how much more I had. I was storing 7 years worth of what I thought were treasures in my attic. I am officially a recovering hoarder. I swear I cannot believe the stuff I was keeping. Holy moley was it a lot! The problem was I was so organized in keeping all this STUFF that I never realized I was hoarding. sheesh. So I am doing what any sane person would do (haul it off to goodwill is what I would like to do) and have a second garage sale. Yes another garage sale in less than 3 months. I wanted to do it this weekend being labor day holiday but hubbie and I just could not get our act together. We have yet to get tables to set all our STUFF on. So, this week my mom has so generously offered to rent some tables at the party store so I can for sure have this garage sale this week and being able to park in my garage again ha!

As if going through 7 years worth of STUFF was not enough, my youngest Paloma has decided she is not going to preschool. I am still sad about it. She was set to start last week and as of last week we were still having problems potty training her. She would literally look at me, go in her pants, then tell me she didn't want to go to school. I think she was doing that because *artist*, Alejandro, and Mariposa would tell her she couldn't go to school unless she was potty trained. So, I think her refusing to train had a lot to do with mentally not wanting to go to school. I ended up visiting with the director of the preschool about this and her and I both agreed that at this time she was just not ready to go. I was in tears. It was like my dream was deflated. I really wanted her to go and follow in the footsteps of her brother and sisters. But, I also know that its not about me, its about her and her needs come first. If she is not ready than so be it. As my sweet hubbie said its not like I NEED her to go..I am a stay at home mom and I do love spending time with her and she will be in school for the next 12 years if not more including college so why not enjoy her another year. So, with all this happening I am going to kinda homeschool her in my own way..nothing real structured but just making sure that I do work with her everyday. On the potty front I must say or shall I shout out that she is now POTTY TRAINED!!!! I swear the day after I gave up my spot at her preschool there were NO MORE accidents! Even at night she is staying dry and when we are out running errands she tells me when she needs to go. I really think that she was feeling my stress and pressure about her being trained in order to go to school and when we took school out of the equation the stress just went away and she trained. In her time.

That is the biggest lesson I have learned these past couple of weeks. I was humbled by my child (aren't we always..our Lord makes sure of using them to humble us and later strengthen us) by forcing me to realize that I cannot live my daughter's life. I am here to enrich her life and guide and lead her in accordance to her needs. Right now it looks like her needs are to be with me and honestly I am happy about that. Its nice having that time alone with just her while everyone else is in school. Its nice playing puzzles with her on the couch without any other distractions. Its nice going to storytime at the library and being able to solely focus on her. I am learning so much more about her everyday and feeling more blessed each day.

Now that the kids are back in school I am slowly trying to form routines that work. I am getting there and once there I will share them. Right now I'm still in the trying to get everyone dropped off and picked up on time and dinner cooked and everyone in bed at a good hour routine. I really need to work on a cleaning routine and will be starting that soon.

1 comment:

  1. oy vey- 3 different schools and times! WoW - that does sound like a lot! I am glad that your daughter got potty trained and homeschool preschool is totally possible, if you ever want any ideas on activities let me know- I am teaching the pre-k class this year.

    ReplyDelete