About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Need a plan, have a plan

I am such a planner. I cannot function without a plan. I must know what I am doing for the day and if I know what I am doing for the upcoming week all the better. A few years ago I bought my first Mom's Plan It Planner from Amazon. My hubbie swore to me I would never use it and it would just be money wasted. Well, 3 years later I am planning on ordering my next one for the new year and am happy to say I would be lost without my planner. I also keep my previous planners too. Its fun looking back and seeing all that I did, seeing when the kids were sick and with what, and seeing the overall rhythm of our family life. Looking back through them I got to see when our "busy" times of the year were v. our times spent relaxing more. Unfortunately we are in our "busy" time now in the Fall which is hard because Fall is my most beloved season. I love Fall when the weather starts cooling off, the Fair comes to town, all the fall bdays in our family, fall decorating and of course my fav. holiday Dia de los Muertos. But sadly as school begins and Fall comes Christmas is here and I realize I missed yet another Fall season just from the hustle and bustle that Fall brings.

This year I am hoping to stick to my plans for Fall and continue on with my Fall traditions and hopefully get to enjoy them rather than be bogged down with details called life. So my plan is to go to the fair and visit all the shows, agriculture displays, and of course eat fair food. I actually look forward to this every year. I also want to go to the apple orchard and pick apples, buy a homemade apple pie, and buy some local honey from the orchard. Their honey is so good and eating local honey can help with allergies. Of course do not give honey to any child under 3 though! We have to go the pumpkin patch and corn maize too although this year I will not be going inside the corn maize. 2 1/2 hours inside one last year was enough to do me in...I realized I do not like enclosed spaces with no way out and no bathroom in sight lol! I am hoping to actually watch Charlie Brown's Halloween and Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving. Last year I managed to miss them all...but i have a plan this year to actually scour my tv guide and find the show times for Charlie Brown. There is just something about watching him, Snoopy, and Linus that puts me in a holiday mood.

I'm hoping that by having a plan and writing it down in my planner that this season will not pass without me partaking in it. I am consciously deciding that if I have to put the dinner dishes aside to watch Charlie Brown with my kids or postpone cleaning out a closet so I can carve a pumpkin then so be it. I am doing just that this year. I am going to make new Fall memories in our new home and enjoy the season while it lasts because it does fly by. October is already going to be here this week. Which reminds me...I have to get my Halloween decorations out now!

3 comments:

  1. What a great idea, I need to get my life in my planner again, especially with this prego brain I am always forgetting stuff! What a great idea to go to the orchard, that sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so there with you, Helen!! Thanks for the reminders. I'm going to do my best to enjoy the season too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are on a mission to watch Charlie Brown!!! YAYAYA!

    ReplyDelete