It's official. I have gained a solid pound. I stepped on the scale this morning in horror to see the number go up by 1. Do you think all that cake, cupcakes, pizza, seafood pasta, and all around food related bday stuff could really make my pants give me a squeeze and an extra pound on the scale? Ok don't answer that...time for weight watchers ha!
So, last week was a busy one for me. It was Mariposa's bday (she turned 7) and then the next day was my bday (let's just say I'm in my mid 30s now!). Honestly it felt like we were in bday mode all week eating, preparing parties and hosting parties. Fun times but I am officially pooped out! and my house...well let's just say it needs a good cleaning with elbow grease being involved. If only I had some energy to do it. Where are Merry Maids when you need them?
Mariposa's friend had a party on Saturday that we went to. For me it was like a high school reunion. I saw people there I had not talked to since then. It was surreal to say the least. We did a lot of catching up and it was nice to see that we were all still married and to see all of our kids growing up. One of them had gotten married while in high school and had a baby. Their baby is now in college! They also added 3 more kids into the picture. My other friend married one year out of high school and is still married with 2 kids hoping to add more. I of course graduated in May, was married in July and had my first child a year later. Now I have 4 and am still married to my high school sweetheart. It was just so nice to see that we all together beat the odds. Many people including our families all thought we were too young to have babies and get married. They thought we would not be successful or that our marriages would not survive. Fortunately by God's grace we proved them wrong and Lord willing will continue to do so. It was so nice talking with these "ghosts" from my past and seeing that we all succeeded in our own ways. The majority of us got college degrees and the others have found success in their jobs. It truly warms my heart to see that we made it. But I have to admit it was very strange to see all of us older and ok some of us a little wider ha! Talking to them was like we were back in high school all over again...but in reality we all realize we are the old ones and our kids are the up and comers. Our kids are the ones stomping on our old stomping grounds.
It's so weird...when did we become the old ones and when did our "babies" become us? Why do I still feel 18 in my mind but my body is screaming I am in my 30s. Case in point...I had Mariposa's party yesterday at a bouncy house place. We invited her little soccer team to play with us and those girls had me going on every bouncy house there was. I was climbing, sliding, and fearing the heights at the top of the slides. 2 hours into the party my knees were screaming at me. They needed 2 advil and a sonic coke to calm them down. I was in agony. As I was sitting with major knee pain I see *artist* running and chasing those girls down like it was nothing. Not even a drop of sweat came from her brow. Oh the joys of being young.
I have yet another bday to plan for. Hubbie's bday is this week too! I really need to hold some restraint and not consume multiple portions of his bday cake as I did mine (I love my Harvey Wallbanger cake! Yummy!). I see where doing that leads me to...one pound gained and I refuse to gain another! We shall see next week if I was able to hold true to that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hope you have a great week....Always enjoy your blog...I had just a few minutes to blog hop tonight....
ReplyDeleteHope you will stop by my Christmas blog. I have a great giveaway that I will draw for on
Oct 1 and a comment is all it takes to enter....
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
Running is fun! I loved the brownies and cake! It was TTAASSTTYYYYY!
ReplyDelete