So, in the above pic are my junkin' finds. The little frame has a vintage Halloween card in it. When I saw this distressed ghost at another store I just knew the 2 would go together so well. I am planning on setting these out October 1st when I put out all my Halloween decorations. Right now I have my Fall decos out and may I say they have been out since the 3rd week of August. I know its crazy to have Fall stuff out when people are still swimming in pools but what can I say...Fall is my most favorite holiday and I want to enjoy every second of it. The glass dish and cup is actually a 1950s snack tray set. I have been eyeing these for a year now and have been wanting a set so badly. I had first spotted them in an antique store where they were selling a set of 6 for $50. Way too much for my budget. Believe it or not yesterday I found a set of 4 at the goodwill for $8. Def. in my budget. I really wanted a set of 6 but I knew if I kept looking I would find 2 more snack sets. Well, wouldn't you know today at my thrift store that was having 1/2 off the whole store there were 2 snack sets underneath some other dishes!!! Oh honey was I so excited I almost screamed in the store and would have had there not been sooo many thrifty shoppers there ha! I am one happy camper having a matching set of 6 1950s snack trays. They are so cute. I plan on using them for sammies and the little notch where the cup goes I will put fruit or crackers there. I don't quite trust the kids with the glass cup but I do with the plate. Another reason why I like them so much is that they are glass. Plastic leaches out bad things and after my mother had cancer I learned so much about toxins and plastic is one of them. I have my share of plastic but I am slowly trying to build up my stock of glass wares that I can store foods in to keep it safe.
Tomorrow I really want to go back to the antique store and pick up a copy of Gooseberry Patch Autumn cookbook. They had it there for $5. My hubbie looked at me crazy when I wanted to buy it but after a full night of sleep I still really want it. If you have not heard of Gooseberry Patch they now have a website full of homey goodness: http://www.gooseberrypatch.com/ Oh honey their cookbooks read like stories. At the bottom of each recipe they give a hint or seasonal idea that goes with that season. Being that the cookbook I saw was a Fall season there will be all kinds of ideas on how to cozy up your home for Fall. I love making my home a refuge for my family and I love sharing the season in my home. It may be 80 degrees outside but inside you are coming home to the smell of apple cinnamon and the warm glow of lamps.

I love finding a great deal!! Those are super cute and I am glad you found your trays- and at a bargain!
ReplyDeleteDo you trust me with the cups?
ReplyDeleteHey Girl, I wanted to let you know that I gave you award on my blog, come by and check it out! http://landofthemisfittoyz.blogspot.com/2009/09/my-first-award.html
ReplyDeleteWow ...do I love a good deal.....Had a couple of hours to blog hop this afternoon...Enjoyed reading yours....Hope you will stop by my Christmas blog...There is a great giveaway drawing on Oct 1...http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com
ReplyDelete