About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Friday, September 18, 2009

I got an award! I'm so happy!


Michelle gave me a blog award! Woo-Hoo and this one is FuN! Here it is and the rules that apply:



Here are the rules..
1.) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2.) Share "10 Honest Things" about myself.
3.) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs I find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged me.
4.) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving.

Ok here are my 10 Honest Things:
1.) My all time fav. holiday is Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead). I know it sounds morbid but it really is not. In Mexican culture it is a day that we celebrate those whom have departed from us here on Earth. We celebrate that person by cooking a certain food they liked and especially remembering that person on this day. Where I live they always have a big venue with local art work, finger foods with punch, and ballet folklorico dancers. I look forward to this holiday on November 2 every year.
2.) I love Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera. I don't have any of Frida's artwork in my home as *artist* is freaked out by her. I have loved her ever since discovering her in high school. I do have some of Deigo Rivera's work up though.
3.) I love tv characters namely Bree Van De Camp from Desperate Housewives and Charlotte from Sex and the City. I will actually watch these shows to watch them.
4.) I must, must, must go to Sonic happy hour everyday. I must get a medium coca cola at said happy hour. It must be medium because I have discovered through trial and error that in a medium size there is just the right amount of ice and coke. The large has too much ice and too little coke and the small is...well...its small.
5.) I hate feet including my own. I hate to touch feet. I hate for other feet to touch me. Exception: baby and toddler feet. Now those are cute, cute, cute.
6.) I married my high school sweetheart straight out of high school and no I was not pregnant ha! I graduated in May and married in July. (and yes we are still married. 16 years.)
7.) No matter how often I clean it my van is always trashed with something or another...food wrappers, scraps of paper, shoes. I swear sometimes I think I live in my van. I must say my home is better lol!
8.) I have OCD and I channel Jeff Lewis. For those who don't know Jeff Lewis he is the main role in Bravo's reality show Flipping Out. Oh my I love this show! He is so compulsively anal about every little detail and I could so see myself being that way if I did not have 4 kids. (not that I don't love my kids..I freakin' adore them and my hubbie of course!)
9.) My daughter's middle name came from the soap opera Passions. "Paloma" that I have mentioned in this blog is actually her middle name and yes I chose it from the character "Paloma" on the show. I just loved this soap opera and miss it now that its gone. (She is on Days of Our Lives now not that I watch it lol)
10.) I love going to Wal-Mart. I love that wherever I travel to I can walk into any Wal-Mart and know my way around. The same goes for Target. I can leave my city here and go somewhere else and go into their Target and feel right at home.

Thanks Michelle for this award. This was a lot of fun!

1 comment: