I am having a date with my husband tonight. This is something we have just started doing after 16 years of marriage. Until now we have always had a baby or little one to care for and no one we truly trusted to watch them while we went out. Well I am happy to say that now that I have 2 older kids and the 2 younger ones aren't so young anymore that we feel comfortable leaving for a couple of hours to have some adult conversation and interaction without the constant "can you help my cut my food...is it time to leave yet?...oops I spilled my drink for the 3rd time tonight...". Yep, that does not leave room for adult conversation when you are refereeing the table.
So tonight my kids will be staying with my mom (they are having pizza and looking forward to it) and my hubbie and I will be hitting the town. We have yet to choose where we are eating...I was first thinking Olive Garden but now I am having a serious craving for some mexican food..i'm talking chips and queso and sopapillas for dessert. Yummy!
I'm actually going to spend the better part of today getting ready for my date since it rarely happens. I have already done my toes up in a pretty shade of mauve. He loves mauve for some reason (maybe because its less showy and brings less attention to my oh so ugly toes ha!). Personally I love bright colors on toes but I must admit mine are not the prettiest toes in the world. 7 years of pointe in ballet coupled with a few ingrown nail surgeries and let's just say they are anything but pretty but I still insist on being girlie and doing them up. This afternoon I'm hoping to give myself a french manicure. I actually did one on *artist* last weekend and its still looking good. It was a treat for her as she has finally stopped biting her nails. I thought that she would never stop and was hoping she would as not only it is gross but unsanitary as well. With swine flu going around I could just see her biting her nails with swine flu on it. yuck. So, she asked if I could give her one and I have never done that before. We went to Wal-Mart and bought these stickers that you put on your nails to "guide" you for the french manicure. Then we used a "pen" to paint on the white tips and topped that off with a clear coat of polish. I must say her nails looked soooo good. Besides working on my nails I need to get busy with some tweezers. My gosh my brows are out of control. I used to get them waxed monthly but my waxer was getting "wax happy" and I was starting to lose all my brows. So, I've decided to just do my own and pocket that money (it was muy expensivo) and use that money for the house. The one thing I miss about waxing was that it was so quick. With plucking it takes me a good 1/2 hour to get the job done. I've tried those waxing kits at home but they never work well so I resort to Mr. Tweezer.
In other news...my garage sale last week went well. My goal was to make $200 and I did! woo-hoo! I also got to meet a ton of new neighbors. We are new to the neighborhood and many neighbors stopped by to introduce themselves and say hello. They were all so nice and welcoming and it was wonderful to see how tight knit this community is. Very nice indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Rock on honey!!! I hope you have a great time!
ReplyDelete