and I'm not too happy. I forgot how demanding soccer is on the family and our schedule. Mariposa is on an excellent team and I truly adore our coach but I am hating our practices! As it is we thankfully only practice one day a week with one game on the weekends. That is most definitely doable but do we really have to practice after dinner time into the evening hours? Yes we do. Unfortunately I am the only sahm on the team and all the other moms do not get home till 6 so that means we have to postpone practice till later so the whole team will show up. uugh. (Sometimes I wished I was still living in Dallas where either there are more sahms or the nannies take the kids to practice right after school. At least that way you have your evenings free.) Anyways, our first practice is tomorrow from 6:15-7:30. That means I have to leave my home by 5:50 and won't get home until 7:50. I am out in the boonies now and its just far to get anywhere. I am panicking because I was getting such a good schedule down for my kids last week. We were eating dinner around 5:30, baths soon after, and in bed by 8. The days we have soccer that just won't be physically possible if we are not home to do our routines. Plus, Mariposa will most definitely need a bath after practice. (that girl can smell!) I am hoping that either hubbie or my mom can help me out with taking her to practice so that I don't always have to be gone. This way if they take her I can still be at home and continue with our routine with Paloma and the older kids can work on homework.
Oh the joys of sports and I know them all too well. *Artist* was on a select competitive soccer team a few years ago and I learned then just how demanding it can be. We would travel almost every weekend and would have many practices throughout the week. It got to the point that me and the other moms would take turns dropping off and picking up girls. Now that I live so far out that is not an option anymore. I would have to give people gas money ha!
I will just have to grin and bear it as soccer season only lasts a couple of months. Thank goodness! I truly love the girls on her team. And the team as a whole is like a second family to us. We are really close with each other. We have been able to keep them together since the very beginning at age 4 and being that they are turning 7 that is a huge accomplishment.
Enough griping...I am off to go to my favorite thrift store. They are having the whole store half off today for labor day! Woo-Hoo! I can't wait to see what kind of goodies I can find. After that we are heading to my aunt/uncles' house for a wonderful bque and fellowship with all the family, cousins, and friends. It should be a nice relaxing holiday for us and much needed before the hustle and bustle of the week takes over.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

wow, that is late! But you know what? That is why you are an awesome mom!
ReplyDeleteThank you Michelle! xo
ReplyDeleteI agree with Michelle.
ReplyDelete