About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Thursday, October 1, 2009

My girl is growing up; sniff, sniff

Yesterday when I picked up Mariposa from school she asked me if I could NOT walk her in to school in the mornings. I of course asked why and she proclaimed that she is now a big girl going to a big school and she knows her way around. Stop right there. When did my little girl grow up and where have I been? What a shocker. I think I'm still peeling my bottom lip off the floor!

So, this morning when I parked in our usual spot and was about to get out of the car to walk her in she says, "Mom, remember I walk myself in now." Sigh. and that was it. She walked her little self in by herself all the while my eyes were peeled at the door making sure some alien did not snatch her. It took everything in me to not go in just to peek and make sure she made it to her classroom. I stayed in the car in disbelief, then drove away anxiously awaiting 3pm when I could pick her back up. When I picked her up she was so proud of herself. She said she walked in with her little friend and they gabbed all the way down the hallway into the classroom. Yep, it's official she is growing up.

All I can say is that thank goodness I still have one at home with me and I am still the center of her universe. Watching my kids grow up is hard and letting go is even harder.

1 comment:

  1. Wow- I can only imagine when that day comes for me, though I will probably be crying while sitting in the car lol oh and I would probably call and make sure she got to her room but I have awesome anxiety like that =)

    ReplyDelete