I was listening to Joyce Meyer today on christian radio. She said something that just shook my bones. I'm paraphrasing this as I can't remember word for word but this is what she said:
There are seasons to our lives.
It is beautiful to live within our season.
It is ugly to live out of our season.
Can I get an Amen to that?
My gosh is that ever true. I see too many people willing to use a credit card to buy the new designer jeans or Coach bag rather than using cash to buy used or frequent a discount store. I see too many people graduating college and building a mcmansion when really they should be thinking starter home. I see too many people buying a house full of furniture to fill above said mcmansion when really they should be buying piece by piece.
Don't get me wrong. I have my moments where I try to live outside of my season. But, those are short lived moments especially when I get my credit card statement and realize its time for a Dave Ramsey intervention ha!
Seriously, I think if we choose to live within our season of life we would all feel so much better. Right now I am in my childbearing/child raising season. This is my time to be at home with my children, take care of my home even if it means having times of loneliness or missing adult conversation. This is my season and before I know it the kids will be grown and then my season for working outside of the home will come and I will converse with other adults and have opportunities for more "me" time. Right now it's all about raising my kids the right way: with morals and values and respect for themselves and others. That is my focus on this season of my life.
Living our lives in seasons is God's plan for us. He has purposefully created "times" in our lives to reach our milestones. Time for school, time for marriage, time for children, time to care for our elders, time for us. He has carved out these times for us and ordered them in such a way that we are able to grow and learn in His infinite wisdom. Let's get back to living within our season and let's get back to being true and open to the beautiful, wondrous gift that has been given to us: LIFE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You are very welcome Dawn. It is amazing how God works in mysterious and wonderous ways. May you be blessed in this season of your life.
ReplyDelete