About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Sick kid, out of town guests

spells trouble!!! I have been dealing with sick kids all week. Oldest (we'll call her the *artist* she is really good and no I'm not just saying that cause she is my child) was sick first, then Mariposa, and now Paloma. I took in Mari yesterday to the doc to get screened for strep but thank heavens it was negative. Just a virus. Looking like Paloma has the same virus..
So wouldn't you know with sick kids and a house that has not seen daylight in a week aka has not been cleaned one bit I would have company coming to stay. They should be here in about 8 hours. Is that long enough to clean a week's worth of crud? Not!
So, I am cooking in the crock pot, running the vac, and praying no one opens a closet door. IF they do harm will certainly come. I mean the tower of rubble can only stay up pressed against the closed door for so long.

I'm bummed at the timing of it all. My sil is coming with her 2yo that I have yet to meet. I want to go places with them and do fun stuff but that is most likely out the door. Paloma is attached to my hip being sick and lets just say she is not a nice sick person. She is out right grumpy, grouchy. Why can't I have the sick kid that just lays around the couch and sleeps all day?? No I have Oscar the Grouch. sigh.

Normally when company comes I run a bed and breakfast. I bake homemade muffins, provide scented linens, new soap, a couple of gossip rags to read on the bed. Today lets just say they will be lucky to get a bottle of water. Which reminds me do I even have any left? Tell me now I don't have to run to the store with Oscar the Grouch for water..argh.

1 comment: