I admit it I am committing the ultimate sin what TLCs What Not to Wear swears NOT to do: wearing jeans tight to the point you create a muffin topper above the waistband. Well may I say I have my reasons for being a self proclaimed muffin topper. My most proud reason: having had 4 kids. I have the badge of honor of having created and cooked and birthed 4 kids. Yeah that excess skin, that pouch that hangs..that is what creates that topper look.
I swear I really am a size 10. My legs fit into a size 10. My butt fits into a size 10. My belly? well lets just say it would be happier in a size 12. Now here is where my dilemma comes in. I put the size 12 on and my legs are swimming, you can't find my butt, but yeah the tummy fits. So I default to the size 10 where my legs look good, my butt is lifted and looks cute and yes I tuck my pouch/excess skin in as much as I can to fit into my size 10 that besides having the muffin topper look really good...
Which leads me to my point. Why as women are we so harsh of other women and how they wear their clothes. I must admit before having kids I would have been all over the muffin toppers and have been a hater. Now that I have been so humbled I find myself joining that club of women. Can we not just see the beauty within women without having to judge them? So what if their flab hangs over? Maybe they are like me and have had some big kids growing in that belly. Or maybe they have hormone probs that makes them fat in the middle. Who are we to judge? and better yet why do we do it?
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment