I've come to the conclusion I am no skinny mini nor do I eat like one. I have way fallen off the healthy bandwagon. These past few weeks have been a blur of sonic fountain cokes, nacho cheese doritos, brownies, chocolate chip cookies, and fast food drive thrus.
I've been looking at skinny minis and how they eat and lets just say they are not visiting the taco villa drive thru for the 3 rd time this week. No. They really are eating salads and what I refer to as "bird food". They eat small portions. and yes they do work out.
Why am I just now getting this? Have I kept myself in denial with blinders on thinking these skinny women are just blessed to be skinny? That their muscle defined legs came from sitting at the computer 8 hours a day? What an epiphany I feel I have had.
I hate to give up my comforting, favorite, oh so tasty foods but have come to the conclusion that I am about to blow up like a whale if I don't stop now! I mean I'm in my mid 30s and just looking at food packs on the pounds. I'm no longer in my 20s where I can eat whatever and laze around and not get fat. No its time to grow up and get real about food.
I've decided to eat one salad everyday. To make a pot of soup for the week to have for snacks when needed. To drink more water (try). To make a commitment to myself. If only that darn Taco Villa drive thru was not calling my name so loudly...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No Taco Villa?!?!?!
ReplyDelete