About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Monday, February 22, 2010

Lol, rofl, ha!, ;-) :-) !!!!!

Am I creating havoc to the internet/bloggy world by the overuse of short abbreviations such as those in the title???
I am known for my overuse of exclamation points, smilie faces, lol's because I really feel the need to get my point across. Maybe its because I'm Italian and you can't see me moving my hands around or talking really loud. So I resort to the ever so over used abbreviations.
I never gave it any thought that perhaps it could be annoying to some readers. I never realized that maybe my constant use of these things could some how downplay my writing?

Why am I even talking about this? Well, I actually read in someone's blog of her abhorrence of lol and related isms. This made me realize that perhaps my indulgence could be someone else's abhorrence.

I do apologize for my overuse of said offenses but may I say I don't think I can quit using them anytime soon. Not unless I find a way of blogging so that you can "see" and "hear" me get my loud point across. But honestly I don't think you would want to see me in my jammies, sitting on me bed, with no make up on and my hair toppled on top of my head. ha! (See I just had to get a "ha!" in lol!)

No comments:

Post a Comment