About Me

My photo
I'm a sahm to 4 creative, inspiring, awesome kids and married to my HS sweetheart. I am loving my life.

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm Back....

Finally, I'm back. After much hackling from *artist* I am finally back and blogging. Why have I been gone so long?? I have been SICK. I'm talking as my friend Kelly puts it, death on a cracker sick. I have never been so sick. I ended up being diagnosed with bronchitis in the beginning stage of pneumonia and on top of that ended up catching a head cold that I am still nursing now. yeah no good. So after antibiotics I am finally turning the corner minus my head cold and hopefully can return to my normal duties.

One weird thing that happened while being sick for a month was a lesson I learned. By no choice of mine I had to slow down. I have had no energy for anything...no energy to run around with my head cut off...no energy to make boundless lists of things I would stress about to get done...no energy to worry. That is the big one for me. I am a worry wart by nature. I'm an eeyore married to a pooh. However after being sick I have learned that my house is not going to fall apart if its not properly cleaned for a month (it is still standing...). I have learned that I do not have to cross off every thing on my list in order to have a successful day. I have learned that I can still accomplish a lot without running like a chicken with its head cut off. I have learned what sitting outside on my porch chair and petting the alley cat that has adopted us feels like. It feels good.

It feels good to slow down. To sit outside and not be mentally thinking about my lists but instead just enjoying being outside. Feeling the sun warm my skin, petting the soft fur of our adopted alley cat while she sits on my lap, listening to the kids run around, laugh, scream while playing with the water hose...yep those are good times.

Funny how an illness like death on a cracker could slow me down to reawaken me to living more slowly, more purposely, more fulfilled. Don't get me wrong, I'm still an eeyore (wait for my post on swine flu) but I must say now that I am recovering I am so thankful for my body which is healing itself, my family whom I have rediscovered, and the realization that you can take life slow and still succeed. What a revelation indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment